Featured Post

Welcome!

Welcome to my Family History blog! This website is intended to be a place to collect and share the information and stories I find as I dee...

Monday, July 18, 2022

Welcome!

Welcome to my Family History blog! This website is intended to be a place to collect and share the information and stories I find as I deep dive into a particular family line of my genealogy. I really like to understand the political, economic, and emotional factors that helped shape the lives of people from prior time periods. 

Although not a historian by trade, my prior work as a PhD biophysical chemist provides me with professional research/publication expertise, and I have been exploring my family history for over 35 years now. I attempt to use credible sources and to apply a critical eye to the information I collect. However, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of everything I post here, and it will be a work in progress. Regardless, I will try to list my sources so that you can further verify on your own. I rely on Wikipedia a lot for links to general historical topics that readers may need to refresh on in order to better understand the context I am discussing.

Of note, I also do not post much in the way of specific birth/death/marriage dates in this material. I think services like FamilySearch.org, Wikitree.com, and Ancestry.com do a better job of that than I could, and I try to provide links to my information on those within the text.

If you find that you are related in some way, and/or have information of your own to share, I would love to hear from you! (evelynvigdahl@gmail.com)

Family Line Links: (WikiTree.com)(Ancestry.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment